Frequently Asked Questions
Generally asked questions and answers - if you don't find what you are looking for don't hesitate to contact us.
What is MongoFiles??
- Mongofiles is a user-friendly service that allows you to transfer, download and store data in an organized and secure manner. You can use Mongofiles to upload and share an unlimited number of files with friends, family and colleagues.
- Home users typically use Mongofiles to upload, download and share their home videos, pictures and other recreational files.
- Professional users typically use Mongofiles to back up data and to share files such as PowerPoint presentations, financial results, work related videos, vocal recordings (mp3s) and other productivity files.
What are the benefits of using Mongofiles?
- Our site offers a lot of benefits that you cannot find anywhere else:
- Our service is reliable, simple and quick.
- Sharing files with your friends is incredibly easy.
- With our different account options, you never have to worry about the size of your data. What's more, you can send ANY type of data.
- You can email links to huge files that your normal email account cannot handle as attachments.
- The downloadable file cannot be modified or deleted: it remains identical to the one you sent us. No one can corrupt your file or exchange it with anyone because our servers are completely secure.
- With our service, you and your friends can download the desired file at the time and place you desire, without any obligations.
- Business users no longer have to contact their IT department to help them put large files on corporate servers. Our simple interface and built-in email function makes it super easy for you to upload your file, and our simple email link makes it easy for your clients to download files within moments.
Who can use Mongofiles?
- If you own a computer with an Internet connection you have all the necessary tools to properly utilize our site. Our simple and user-friendly interface makes Mongofiles an easy solution for people of all ages and professions.
Downloading and Sharing
What type of files can I upload/download on the website?
- You can upload and download any type of file.
Can I resume an interrupted download?
- Yes, you can resume your interrupted or suspended download IF you are a Home or Professional account member. In some cases, depending on your browser, you may be required to restart your download.
Why is my download speed slow?
- Our servers have world-class Internet connectivity so you should normally have very fast downloads. Contact your Internet service provider to troubleshoot any networking problems. If you are a power user and require extremely fast speeds to download large files you can sign up for a people or company account, which provides you with even faster access.
What is the maximum amount of file downloads on MongoFiles?
- People and company account users have no limit on downloads whatsoever.
- Free account users are currently subject to minimal download limits that are reset every 8-10 hours. These download limits are based on your IP address and vary depending the amount of traffic on MongoFiles. Typically these limits are around 500 megabyte for the free account users. We do not interrupt existing downloads once your limits have been reached. So, for example, if you are downloading a 1 GB file, we will not interrupt it at the 200-350 megabyte point. You simply will have to wait 8-10 hours to initiate any new downloads.
Upload and Storage
Can I browse your website archive?
- Unfortunately you cannot browse uploaded content. Most users prefer to keep their files to themselves or share them with friends. Also, to protect privacy and copyrights, it is absolutely forbidden to acquire files that you do not have a right to.
Can I keep my files confidential?
- Of course! We completely respect your privacy. You are the only person who knows the link to your file. You are, however, free to share your file with friends by sending them links to the file.
- Business account holders have better protection since they can password protect their file pages.
What type of files can be uploaded?
If I enter my e-mail address during a file upload, will I receive spam?
- You will never receive junk mail from third parties. The only type of e-mails you might receive concern updates to our website. In addition, we need your e-mail address in case you forget your account password.
What are the advantages of an account you pay for?
- For the People
- Send 2 GB files
- Get 10 GB storage space
- Pay $5/month
- Read more...
- For Companies
- Send 2 GB files
- Get 100 GB storage space
- Pay $50/month
- 1-20 user licenses
- Read more...
- For corporations
- Send 100 GB files
- Get 1 Terabyte of storage space
- Pay $1000/month
- 1-1000 user licenses
- Contact Us...
How long are my files stored?
- If you have a people or company account, there is no limit to your file storage time, you can keep your files for as long as you like until you are ready to delete them. If you uploaded the file using the free account, your files will be deleted after 5 days.
I have a free, home or professional account and your site does not recognize me. Why is this happening?
- This is usually a problem related to cookies being blocked by your computer or network. Please ensure that you have enabled cookies on your PC and that your firewall is not blocking cookies. Cookies allow you to navigate through our site by saving your login information when you upload and download files. If you still have problems after enabling cookies, please contact our technical staff by using the contact form.